Name of programme Air Traffic Control
Qualification awarded Master of Engineering Sciences in Aeronautical Engineering
Field of study Aerospace Engineering
Study area Technological Sciences
Length of the programme 5 years (10 semesters)
Scope of programme (ECTS) 300 ECTS
Language of instruction English
Location Vilnius, Lithuania
Starting date 1st of September
Tuition fee for Non-EU students TBC
Study programme aims:
1. T1. To provide knowledge of mathematics, physical sciences, basic elecronic technologies, aeronautics and engineering design and to develop the ability to apply the acquired knowledge in engineering.
2. T2. To provide knowledge of air navigation and air traffic control.
3. T3. To provide knowledge of social development of society, law, economics, manegment, history and philosophy.
4. T4. To develop correct aviation language skills in English and Lithuanian.
5. T5. To develop the ability to understand the theoretical basics of natural sciences, humanitarian and social phaenomena, operation of aircraft systems, air navigation and organisation of air traffic control.
6. T6. To develop the ability to apply theoretical knowledge for practical air traffic controling and for scientific work in the field of aeronautic engineering.
7. T7. To develop the ability to decide critically and to present issues of aeronautical sciences, work in groups and systematically plan work.
Prospective study programme results:
Z1. Mathematics knowledge: mathematical analyse, differential and integral calculation, differential equations, digital methods, theory of probability, statistics, MATLAB.
Z2. Knowledge about nature and its phenomena, their quantitative expressions and simulation.
Z3. General knowledge of technology science field.
Z4. Aeronautical knowledge about aircrafts and their systems.
Z5. Air navigation and air traffic control knowledge.
Z6. Humanitarian and social science, law, management and economic knowledge for the formation a world outlook.
Z7. Knowledge of correct professional aviation English and Lithuanian language.
GT1. Understanding of general theoretical fundamentals of mathematics and other natural sciences, competence to combine theory and practise, to perform laboratory works and experiments, to interpret achieved information.
GT2. Understanding of humanitarian and social society development basics and problems.
GT3. Understanding of principles of aircraft systems action, organization of air navigation and air traffic control.
SG1. Ability to assess the theoretical knowledge in practical air traffic controller work.
SG2. Ability to make scientific research and generalize got results.
CG1. Ability to co-operate, to present the results of work by correct state and one foreign language.
CG2. Ability to plan time rationally, to show creativity, motivation, novelty, enthusiasm and discipline.
CG3. To work in command, effective cooperate with colleges and borderland specialists, to defend own position with arguments.
AG1. Ability to show motivation, independence, responsibility in studies of professional activity
AG2. Ability to plan own work and time thoroughly, to solve problems creative
AG3. To wake up moral responsibility for own activity results, safety of community members and nature
Access to further study: Access to the third cycle studies
Professional status: Aircraft piloting graduates have ability to be employed in in state enterprise "Air navigation", Lithuanian military air forces, Antanas Gustaitis aviation institute. A Master of aeronautics is prepared to work in all aviation activity executing enterprises, airports of Vilnius, Kaunas, Šiauliai, Palanga, Civil aviation administration, Ministry of Transport and Communications