Name of programme ART MANAGEMENT
Qualification awarded Master in Business Management
Field of study Management
Study area Business and Public Management
Length of the programme 1,5 years ( 3 semesters)
Scope of programme (ECTS) 90 ECTS
Language of instruction English
Location Kaunas, Lithuania
Starting date 1st of September
Tuition fee for Non-EU students TBC
Why Art Management study programme?
The aim of this study programme is to educate highly qualified specialists in Art Management who are able to creatively and independently manage art organizations; initiate and pursue art and business cohesion projects; coordinate principles of art management and marketing in their activities; identify the problems of cultural management in art organization and marketing and provide their adequate solutions.
After graduation you will be able to:
· apply modern theories and methods of organizations’ management and marketing through the performance and implementation of scientific research;
· properly select and apply communication channels and tools for different purposes; manage the communication process; assess communication processes in ethical, gender and intercultural dimensions;
· apply marketing strategies in the activities of art organizations; analyze art industries, interconnect them with the development of cultural heritage, cultural/creative tourism and cultural industries
· determine the opportunities for business development, choose appropriate business forms and methods, manage the finances of an organization;
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
· Bachelor's degree or its equivalent and has to demonstrate that he or she has collected no less than 15 ECTS credits in the areas management and marketing.
· English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe).
Students can participate in ERASMUS+ mobility programme which gives an opportunity to study at VU’s Partner University for 1 or 2 semesters or do internship abroad.
Graduates of this study programme will be able to work as heads of art organizations, their managers and marketers, art project managers and marketers, art event organizers and marketers, agents of artists, art and business organizations. Graduates will also have an opportunity to continue their research in the PhD studies in the field of social sciences.