Name of programme EASTERN EUROPEAN AND RUSSIAN STUDIES
Qualification awarded Master in Social Sciences
Field of study Political Sciences
Study area Social Sciences
Length of the programme 1.5 years (3 semesters)
Scope of programme (ECTS) 90 ECTS
Language of instruction English
Location Vilnius, Lithuania
Starting date 1st September
Tuition fee for Non-EU students TBC
Why study Eastern European and Russian Studies?
· Explore Eastern Europe from modern and cosy Vilnius
· Build your expertise by studying in one of the leading research institutions in the region
· Join the lively hub of field experts and practitioners
· Experience Russia in one hour distance
· Take part in study trips to Belarus, Moldova, Georgia, Ukraine.
· Conduct an internship in leading foreign policy institutions and think-tanks
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
· Bachelor degree or its equivalent;
· English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) (Internationally recognized certificate (TOEFL score 65+; IELTS score 5.5+) or Skype interview);
· The selection criterion is based on the weighted average of all grades recorded in the transcript of your academic report.
Programme students have possibility to participate in Erasmus+ exchange program. Also it is possible to study in various partner universities of Eastern European countries.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AND ACCESS TO FURTHER STUDIES
After you find out the difference between glastnost and perestroika, what will you be able to achieve? Our graduates have found a number of different possibilities: some pursue their careers as civil servants in public administration institutions and diplomatic service. Others work as analysts and experts in the international organizations, academic and research institutions, private sector in Lithuania and abroad. And just in case you wish to spread your knowledge and learn even more as a graduate of the Eastern and Central European studies you will have access to the third cycle (doctoral studies).