Name of programme INTERNATIONAL AND EUROPEAN UNION LAW
Qualification awarded Master in Law
Field of study Law
Study area Law
Length of the programme 1.5 years (3 semesters)
Scope of programme (ECTS) 90 ECTS
Language of instruction English OR Russian
Location Vilnius, Lithuania
Starting date 1st of September
Tuition fee for Non-EU students TBC
Why International and European Union Law study programme
· Faculty of Law is the oldest and most prestigious law school in Lithuania
· Possibility to choose study language in one of the two languages (EN or RU)
· Programme designed of most relevant and up-to-date courses
· Students are entitled to participate at international conferences and other academic events
· Outstanding professors
Programme designed of most relevant and up-to-date courses which lasts three semesters (1.5 years). In the first and the second semester students shall have to complete 3 compulsory and 2 optional courses and gain 6 ECTS credits (equivalent to 240 hours of student workload). The compulsory courses aim at providing thorough knowledge in different legal systems as well as offering an overview of fundamental legal norms and techniques of their practical application. Optional courses provide an opportunity to choose an individual area of study according to the student’s individual needs and interests and to lay the foundations for analytical research work. Each course includes lectures as well as practical instruction time (workshops and seminars). During the third-semester a Master Thesis on a scientifically and/or practically relevant topic demonstrating the student’s analytical skills shall be prepared.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
· Bachelor of Laws or an equivalent qualification of a jurist from institutions of higher education.
· Depending on the group: English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe); Russian language proficiency – the level not lower than C1 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe).
Students can participate in ERASMUS+ mobility programme which gives an opportunity to study at Partner University or do internship abroad.
The qualification gives access to the International and EU regulated profession or any other not regulated legal profession. Graduates of the programme will be able to pursue academic career in Lithuania and abroad in continuing their postgraduate studies in PhD programme in social sciences.