Name of programme QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Qualification awarded Master in Business Management
Field of study Management
Study area Business and Public Management
Length of the programme 1.5 years (3 semesters)
Scope of programme (ECTS) 90 ECTS
Language of instruction English
Location Vilnius, Lithuania
Starting date 1st September
Tuition fee for Non-EU students TBC
Why study Quality Management?
The objective of the programme is to develop quality management specialists of a broad profile, who know and apply quality management principles and methods in various fields of activity, are able to recognize and analyse quality related problems, search for the ways to solve them, and implement sound solutions of quality improvement in the dynamic environment. The strengths of the programme are that it:
· Has the curriculum in line with the curriculums of analogous programmes of Western universities.
· Is carried out by a cohesive team of teachers.
· Provides strong skills and deep knowledge.
· Has strong links with the business.
Prof. dr. Juozas Ruževičius, programme leader, the author of over 500 scientific articles and 10 books in the field of quality management: “Quality does not need an image, it is the organization‘s and its product‘s image that needs quality”.
In 2015 EDUNIVERSAL Global Ranking ranked Quality Management programme in 8th place out of 200 top master’s degree programmes in General Management in Eastern Europe! According to data of official surveys, more than 98 percent of programme students and graduates would recommend programme to others.
During the international accreditations conducted by The Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education in 2005 and 2013 Quality Management programme received positive evaluations and was accredited for maximum - 6 years.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
· Bachelor's degree or its equivalent;
· No less than 30 ECTS credits in the fields of economics, management and business administration or other social sciences;
· English language proficiency – the level not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Students can participate in ERASMUS+ mobility programme or use VU’s Bilateral cooperation agreements which gives an opportunity to study at VU’s Partner Universities or do internship abroad.
A graduate of QM programme will be qualified to work as a quality manager, quality auditor, process manager, Lean expert, EFQM assessor and expert of ISO and other standards, to work as a consultant, to continue studies on a doctoral level.